Got in trouble for modding?

I played the game Red Dead Redemption tonight around 10pm, there was an update that I had for it so I downloaded the update. After an hour I got off of Red Dead and it is currently 1:30am and twenty minutes ago I received a restricted call from someone. They left a voice mail on my phone saying that I have been suspected of modding on Red Dead Redemption and that my account will be terminated if I do not respond to the email I receive from xbox.com. I was also informed in the voice mail that if my account gets terminated that I will not be able to have another xbox live account on my specific xbox 360 again. I checked my email three different times and never received the email that was stated in the voice mail. Please respond back as soon as possible, I am concerned. I DID NOT mod Red Dead Redemption nor have I ever modded a game.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

If you receive any sort of enforcement action against your account, you will receive a message on your XBox Dashboard about it.  Microsoft will never send you a message warning you to contact them about a suspension or ban, they will just suspend you or ban you and then send you an e-mail explaining why.  Do not reply to that e-mail.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That caller is a prank caller. He might be your "friend" or someone somehow got your cellphone number and prank called it saying you were going to be banned.

Like mentioned, you would be notified on the Xbox Console with a message popping up saying you were suspended, that is the only way.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.