Got a question or 2

I was wondering if its possible to load a profile on a memory card via usb or someway and take it to my brothers house which he has no internet to load my profile to play games with him to get achivements, also is it possible to transfer map packs from 1 xbox to another 1 via usb memory to play the new maps on games?? Also does anyone know if there is something that can reach 200 feet for him to share internet with me.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

As far as the second question you could try a directional signal instead of a general broadcast.  Depending on what all is in the way to his house it could be simple.  Also a high gain antena on his half couldn't hurt.  Just setup the two routers to talk to one another to act like a bridge.  This is some decent hardware requirements but you really aren't looking over 100 bucks if you shop around...and yes the easiest thing to do is a long cat5 cable.

You can configure any USB Device to Xbox 360 when you try to use it will install the program from the xbox to your 360 however maps and such as Licensed to your 360 and wont pop up on your brothers xbox unless he has an Internet connection

* Also Noted Not all USB Devices Reach the Standards of Speed and may slow gameplay down*

[quote user="Floorboss"]

Also does anyone know if there is something that can reach 200 feet for him to share internet with me.

[/quote]

Why not a router?   If he has a Slim with a N Band and you have a decent router hooked up to you're modem he should still be able to connect, depending on how much stuff the signal has to go through.  I could hook up to my neighbors network a block over if I wanted to.

Other than that, you're only other option is a 200 foot Ethernet cord. 

[quote user="Floorboss"]I was wondering if its possible to load a profile on a memory card via usb or someway and take it to my brothers house which he has no internet to load my profile to play games with him to get achivements,[/quote]Sure.[quote]also is it possible to transfer map packs from 1 xbox to another 1 via usb memory to play the new maps on games??[/quote]No. You will need Live access to use the maps on a different console than the first one they were downloaded to.[quote]Also does anyone know if there is something that can reach 200 feet for him to share internet with me.[/quote]If you only have to go 200 feet, take your console to his house. The maps will work on your console while offline as long as your console was the first one you downloaded the maps to.

Yea I tryed the signal and I dont get any where hes at and im using a linksys3000.  Ok say I put my profile on his (my old xbox) could i hook that up and redownload the maps for the games we play without messing up my system. Im just tring to get some achivements on zombies on black ops which require 4 people.

[quote user="Floorboss"]

I was wondering if its possible to load a profile on a memory card via usb or someway and take it to my brothers house which he has no internet to load my profile to play games with him to get achivements, also is it possible to transfer map packs from 1 xbox to another 1 via usb memory to play the new maps on games?? Also does anyone know if there is something that can reach 200 feet for him to share internet with me.

[/quote]You can use any correctly formatted USB stick as 360 storage http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/accessories/usb-flash-drive. Just configure it and pop your profile onto it and then plug that into your Brother's console.

Not possible to use the maps without an internet connection because of the way the DRM works on the 360.

You could either get a very long cable or perhaps a wireless adaptor for his console if the signal is good enough. 

I believe you have to use ms' memory cards to transfer profiles, since your bro doesn't have the internet and you can't use the cloud. No, you can't transfer map packs or anything purchased from live, unless you're transfering your entire lot to a new hard drive. I don't know about the last, sorry.