Got a new Xbox, having lots of hard drive troubles

Hi everyone, I have been an Xbox user for a really long time now, never had to even visit this website or the forums for anything.

Right now I have a really puzzling issue and would love if anybody knows what to do.

So I own two xboxes, one in my room, on in my family room. I have had the one in my room for a very long time, it works fine but frequently has trouble connecting to xbox live parties and online games. I thought this was just my internet.

I recently got a new xbox for my sister and the internet on it works just fine, no issues ever. However, anything that I download on the harddrive is "corrupt" I have tried MLB 2k11 from games on demand, All the borderlands dlc, a couple of other things, but it always says corrupt file.
I tried Fez, works on both...
Also I have tried putting my hard drive on her xbox, and everything is considered corrupt.

I really don't understand why this is happening, is it because her xbox has something wrong with reading memory?

Any answers would really help 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Oh I should probably note that they are both older model xbox's not newer model xbox's, both with older hard drives, mine is a 120gig hard drive with an arcade body and her's is a 60 gig with a pro model(the silver disc drive)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Here Is is a great way to answer that question. Take out the Hard Drive and use a Thumb Drive (make sure it is not over 16gb and it is formatted to FAT32). Now download something on the thumbdrive and see if it works. If it does then you have a faulty HDD and it needs to be replaced. If this is so and you just recently got it then you probably can bring it back to the store and just get a new one. If not you will have to schedule a repair or buy a new HDD. Good luck and sorry about your issues

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.