got a new x-box 360

I got a new x-box360 but it's a slim and i had the original white old x-box360 so the hard drive does not fit into the slim so how can i recover my data from my other xbox 360 to the new one because i heard you need a hard drive to download data again.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey e man!

Congrats on your new Xbox 360! =) To transfer the data from your old Xbox to your new one, you will need to purchase a Hard Drive Transfer Kit. You can purchase the kit from retailers such as BestBuy, or the WalMart. After you have completed the transfer process, you will still have some Content Licenses that need to be transferred. Here's how to do it:

After your content is transferred to the new console, some content might still be associated with your old Xbox 360 console. Don't worry — you'll still be able to play the content on your new console as long as you are signed in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that originally purchased the content.

However, if you want to use all of your transferred content without signing in to Xbox LIVE or with a different gamertag, you'll need to transfer the content licenses to your new console. Here’s how:

1. Sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.
  2. Go to Settings, and then select Account.
  3. Go to Your Billing Options, and then select License Transfer.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the content licenses.

Feel free to reply to this thread with more questions you might have regarding this issue! -Civiks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Here is info on how to transfer your content using the Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable, it includes a video and pictures as well,

support.xbox.com/.../set-up-transfer-cable

Hope this helps,

Twis7edOps

Sorry this didn't help.

Make sure you don't have any data on your new xbox. A transfer kit will overwrite any data. You'll still need to do a license transfer http://xbox.com/drm

Sorry this didn't help.