Gold membership has dissapeared?

My son has received 18 months of gold membership this Christmas (one 12 month and two 3 month memberships).  This evening, he went to turn the xbox on and was unable to do the things he always does.  Can anyone tell me what happened?  Did he do something wrong?  Was his account hacked?  Is it a glitch somewhere?

In the console settings, it says he only has the free membership.

Please help

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hi, could you check to see if your sons profile is corrupted please, to do this go to settings- system-storage, select your storage device and look for Gamer Profiles, select that and look for your sons profile, if it says corrupted then you will need to delete and download the profile again as described in the following link.

-

support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

-

If the above is not applicable then did your son create a new profile by accident perhaps and he is signing into that profile instead of the profile with the gold membership.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there.  It doesn't say his profile is corrupt and he has used the same email and password for years.  He is absolutely positive that he didn't create another profile.  :(

Should I email Microsoft?

Thanks for your help

Sorry this didn't help.

Support may well be the best solution, you can contact support using the link below.

-

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm guessing he may have redeemed on the wrong gamertag.  It doesn't just disappear, if he were hacked he wouldn't be able to sign in, or he would and it would still be gold because they use it on the gamertag, they can't just take your subscription.  If his account was suspended or banned he wouldn't be able to even access Silver membership. I would try redownloading the profile, signing into ALL the profiles on the console and checking their memberships.  Just a side note in case you were un-aware Gold subscriptions are profile based not console based. So if it's redeemed on one another on the console is not going to be gold.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi LucidHurdle92!  I'm a little curious as to what's happening.  What do you mean when you say he can't do the things he normally can?  What's the exact error/message you get?  If you let us know, we'll be happy to help you out with it!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi everyone.  It turns out that someone who knew my sons password signed into his account, went onto the chat support and cancelled his membership saying that he was moving.  They terminated the membership and gave the thief codes to redeem the remaining membership when his Internet was up and running again.  One of the codes they gave him had already been redeemed but we were able to get the rest and they r now tracking the culprit to hopefully get the rest back.

My son and I will be changing our passwords regularly from now on.  

Thanks again to anyone who tried to help!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble, LucidHurdle92! I am glad that you were able to identify the issue and get your Gold time back as well as get a bit of justice. :)

Sorry this didn't help.