gold membership disappeared!

does anybody have a clue what might of happened! help 

on the 9th may my 1 mth trial ran out and i redeemed a prepaid card with 12mths subscription i have been playing online fine up until today when i try to sign in it wouldnt let me saying i needed gold membership.....but i did have 1 but now it saying i dont .....phoned support up an they are saying i havent been online since 19th april but i was on it last nite an without the code which unfortunately i binned their nothing they can do....i explained i had been online aan had messages to prove so they asked copys which i sent them via email....

but has anyone had a similar experience to this as im new to all this an still awaiting a response from them an getting quite upset as i cant afford another membership...

i did a search on google and found on a different forum a person who has had the same thing and emailed them but no answer as of yet.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=658281

Question Info

Last updated November 7, 2018 Views 1,228 Applies to:

For this kind of billing issue, your best bet is to work with phone support, rather than the email team. Have you checked https://billing.microsoft.com, to see if either the transaction or membership is shown there? Also, have you checked with your bank to see if the corresponding charge went through? Checking these things up front will provide the fastest results when working with phone support, who can be reached at 800-4MY-XBOX.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had this problem just recently. The phone agent even stayed on the phone until my screen confirmed the 12 month card then 1 month later I have no 1 year gold membership and they claim there are no notes of the agent helping me.

DONT USE POINTS CARDS OR 12 MONTH CARDS. It is not like visa. You have no protection for your purchase. Even my receipt is useless. They will not accept my receipt as proof. It was an error of the phone agent that did not remove my old visa card and they say I made a mistake. All I did was enter the code and get approval. They should contact the agent that spoke with me to be fair. But they will not so I have cancelled gold access until they resolve which looks like will be never. They protect themselves from fraud but not their customers.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you called phone support since then to find out what happened? support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

i have just had this problem, didnt know about auto renew so they tried charging my card over and over which i no longer have.

i renewed with a 12 month card, played for a day, then stayed off for a couple of days, came back to it today and they have no record of updating with the card, i tried redeeming the code again but no, its invalid!

looking at the replies here so far, i dont see this as being somthing im looking forward to :(

Sorry this didn't help.

It sounds like there is a problem with the Xbox live system and they are unwilling to admit it.

Even though i have the receipt for the 12month card and the debit card that matches the receipt I am out of luck.

I did contact phone support . I talked to 3 agents and then supposedly a supervisor. They say because they cant see anything in their system they can not help me. They refused to investigate the call on june 30th when an agent actually walked me through applying the 12 month card as they had to first remove the auto renewal. the phone support agent stayed on the phone until my screen said the 12 month card was accepted.

I have had to wipe my cache twice since June 30th to get Halo map packs to install correctly and I asked if this affected it, but they had no idea. They see no activity .Just like your situation where you entered the card and then it some how was deactivated by the autorenewal.

This reoccuring problem needs to be investigated by microsoft.

Phone Support has no right to accuse customers of making mistakes until they have exhausted all other possibilities.

I have entered multiple points cards for games with success. I know how it works. I know when the screen denies or accepts the card. The phone support agents accused me of doing it wrong. If I did it wrong it was under the guidance of their phone support employee.

I have no way of getting my 12months setup again unless I pay again they said. Instead of them reviewing the entire phone conversation in their archives for June 30th, I have to write a letter and mail it to xbox now requesting them to check the details to prove we had setup my 12 months together.

Xbox live  has my money , you can see all the games I have downloaded and all the games I have bought.

I am a good customer and I am suffering because of system error.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can always check https://billing.microsoft.com to see what was added to your account and when. If you are having discrepancies, you will have to call phone support in your region (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx). Forum Support is unable to assist with billing or account issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

hi thanks for all the replies i did manage 2 get mine sorted in the end i emailed some of the ceo's in the end cause customer support  were no help at all an they sorted it out 4 me i found there email addresses on this site consumerist.com/.../email-addresses-for-microsoft-executives.html if u try emailing them perhaps they can help u

Sorry this didn't help.

have you tried recovering your account thats what got mine to work. I was trying to get on netflix after using a got to get my gold membership and it kept telling me to upgrade to gold. Finally I signed out and recovered my gamers tag and it worked.

Sorry this didn't help.

KariJrB, Thank you. I was looking for a solution and yours worked perfectly.

Everyone having this problem, recover your gamertags that aren't working properly and see if this fixes the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had exactly the same problem, bought xbox one and  xbox 12+1 mo prepaid card in May, now its July 6th. I could log into Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, but sometimes it says I need Gold and it blocks me. The work around is to log off xbox account and re-log in. It worked for 1 mo so, so I did not bother much until one day it completely blocked me. That is when I login to my xbox account on the website, and I see absolutely no subscription what so ever. I was about to call xbox agent after reading a couple of comments online since none of those people ever resolved the issue.

But then I think about it, I took a screen shot of prepaid card code, so I tried typing it into xbox website one more time. Guess what, it *** works, and it shows it is due on 8/6/2014 which is exactly 13 mos from today. That means My subscription was not activated the whole time from May to June.

My guess what cause the glitch was the major update from microsoft in May. I think it resets not all but some players subscription. Microsoft *** up.  So the tip is always to take a screen shot of your prepaid card.

Sorry this didn't help.