Gold Member Account Issue

So my Brother is getting his own Xbox for Christmas. Currently we each have a Gold Account on the xbox we use right now. I know how to do the recover the account on another xbox. The problem is that the email that is associated with his Gamer Tag I dont use it anymore. Is there anyway to reset the email aand or change the password because I do not remember the password to the email either. If you can please help it would greatly appreciated! 

Thank you for you're time! 

-Russan

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Well, you do have to have the PW for the current WLID you have on your GT in order to be able to change it. What you should do is go to account.live.com and try to reset the PW there. You should have the options of security question, email a reset link, or customer support. Once you have the PW for it, then you can use a new one to replace it. Good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If I use a memory card to transfer the account; do i need to put a password in when I put it in the new xbox?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Russan! Technically that should work, but at some point you will need the proper email/password on the account (recovering, etc). I highly recommend following Diz's advice above to reset your password and then change the WLID. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.