GOLD FAMILY ? how to have all members of the family adult and view all content on XBOX live

Hello my question pertains to the xbox live Gold Family .....HOW to set it so there are no restrictions.  we joined and now it seems that only the primary account has all the usual spotlight and other features on xbox live.  ALL of the family are ADULTS.  anyone know of how to make sure everyone has the same content out on the pages of XBOX live like previews and downloads like the new release of Halo and Halo 4 those sort of things.Currently only the primary account still has all these features.  the secondary accounts are all adults and have it set to adult.  We do not nor have we ever had parental controls on.
Anyone have an answer?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

If the child accounts aren't 18+ by date of birth then they'll still be subject to the child restrictions regardless of the parental settings.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Each account previous had gold memberships all along and were all seperate consels they also always were set up as adults. date of birth etc.    I am wondering if XBOX either A. the family GOLD is just this way or B. the latest update on XBOX live did this to the family programming newest download listed on major nelson website.

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems to be a glitch in the family pack where accounts besides the primary are treated as child accounts - setting everything to adult just makes them child accounts with adult permissions.

There are 3 ways around this glitch that I've heard of -

1) New accounts created for the family plan

These seem to work just fine (as opposed to existing accounts added to the plan)

2) Promoting the account

An account that has been "promoted" from child (rather than always having been adult) cannot be "demoted" back.

3) Download the stuff here on xbox.com, rather than right on the console

The marketplace from this website doesn't seem to be affected by the glitch.

As the accouts have already been created and are all over 18, I'd try #3.

Sorry this didn't help.