Gold family conversion

I don't know about most people but I subscribe to the family plan because it makes it more affordable for me to communicate with my kids.  My kids live in another state and their mother has always given me problems seeing them.  This way I can at least video conference with them using the kinnect.  With this change I will be forced to use something like family time through iphone or skype and say goodbye to xbox unless they make some changes.  This change may be good for microsoft but along with other things I have been hearing about the direction xbox is going not so sure most people would agree.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You whant the bad or good news?

The bad news is whif the finish of mesenger you can only trade text whif your sons via Kinect avatar room (if i remeber right that APP exist in the last option in aplicaticaves  in dash).

The Good is MS improve that feature in ONE and you can use the combination ONE+Kinect+Skype to talk whif your family (and to clarify MS maintain that and other things exclusive toi gold signatures); you can talk any moment (because Skype run in second plan in ONE and for a sample; when you play a game or see a movie in your console you can in the same time pause/or continue and talk in Skype).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Trying to find a way to communicate to someone who matters at Microsoft is a joke.  Whoever made the decision to eliminate the family gold membership and charge individually is just being plain greedy.  There is no simple way to manage anything via xbox or microsoft account.  It is worse than trying to break into Ft Knox.  Now I find out that I have to pay individually for each family member to enjoy Live services...I am convinced even more NOT to purchase the new Xbox One console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there,

The family plan was discontinued a while ago (Stopped being offered in March 2013) and emails were sent out to members letting them know that the accounts were converted to individual gold accounts and that the final benefits would run out in May of this year.

On the Xbox One only one user needs to have a gold subscription, and has to designate the console as the home console so all users on the console can share those gold benefits.

-

Users are always wecome to post in the feedback section of the forums so the right people see it. And can do something. forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

-

For future reference, it's best create a new thread than to revive a thread that is over 30 days old.

-

I hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.