Gold Family accoun t, transitioned and now I cant access my kids accounts

I have had a gold family account for years and we have never used the Microsoft email accounts at any time.  Now that my kids have all split off to their own accounts, we cannot access them as all automated systems require that we log in using the email associated with the accounts.  Obviously I don't have that.  Now they have three accounts we cannot access and cannot log into to make any changes, buy skins, update automated billing etc.

I tried chat for 20 minutes and got no answers.  There are no phone numbers to call.  Is my only option to cancel automated billing updates and wait for these accounts to expire and then create new ones, or switch to Playstation4?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

ok I had been calling that number and requesting a call back.  I did follow the other suggestion on here and requested a call back from the web page.  I am now talking to a customer service rep and she is helping me through the issue.

Thanks for all suggestions, I appreciate the help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Alright, try this direct call number.  Assuming you're in the US, try 1-800-469-9269

Sorry this didn't help.

I have requested a call 3 times.  It calls me, I answer and confirm who I am, then the system hangs up on me.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear about that man.  They must be having some kind of system issue.  Normally I've got ahold of them pretty reliably through that system.  But if that one's got something going on, you may want to try the Request a Call instead.  Go to support.xbox.com/contact and select the various options for the issue, and when you get to choose a contact method, choose Request a Call, and someone there will call you back.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just got my third call back and it hung up on me again before a person got on the line.

XBOX customer service is a joke.

Sorry this didn't help.

I get what you are saying and feel it is correct, unfortunately I created these account 3-4 years ago and have never logged into them using the email generated.  Also, the kids wanted a unique name so they changed their gamertag immediately and that is the only thing I have now.  I always accessed their data through my parental account and now since the TRANSITION from family to individual accounts, we cannot reset anything as we don't have the original email or have any idea what password was appended to their new account now that it is an individual one.

I have tried MS chat twice to no help.

I have called to talk to someone this morning and could not actually talk to a person to work through this problem.  When I was forced to use the "CALL ME BACK" system, it called me and then immediately hung up twice today.

I have been with xbox for many years with multiple consoles, if I cant actually tend to all four of my accounts this will be the reason I leave and try a different console provider.  This is terrible customer service and terrible account management.

Maybe it is my fault that I relied upon a single login and family account, but this change sucks.  I cant even add money to their accounts so they can get map, skins or any other downloads.  oh well.

I am now waiting for a third call back.  Maybe this time they will actually have someone talk to me.

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe that if you created the secondary accounts brand new from within the Family Pack, rather than adjoining pre-existing accounts, the system will have automatically generated email addresses for them to use as Microsoft Accounts.  If that's the case, their email address will be whatever their gamertag was originally at creation (that random one the system gives you), @xboxlivefamily.com.

So if you were "ChildAccount1", it would be *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Hopefully this helps get you on the path to regaining control of the accounts.

Sorry this didn't help.

You could try the steps here support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-account-info or if you are in the USA call 18004MYXBOX

Sorry this didn't help.