Gold Auto-Renew Popup thru LIve

First off I am very frustrated by what has happened.  Not only because it happened but when I called the xbox live customer support number they could not help and basicly called me a liar for saying this happened.  But it did and they said I would have better luck on the forum getting it resolved then thru them. 

So I am here. 

I have been a member for a few years and I didn't have the money to get a subscription so I ended my Gold membership.  Two months ago I see a special to get 2months for $1 each month so I decided to get it.  It said on there like always before it would auto renew unless I told them to end it.  Thats always how it had been so I understood that completely.

About a month ago I signed into Xbox Live and a popup appeared and said your xbox gold membership will expire in 30 days, would you like the membership to auto renew once it ends.  It gave me a choice of yes or no.  This is the first time I have ever seen this message so I assumed it was a new feature, and a nice one at that.  I said no, do not renew automatically.  And it went away. 

So now a couple days ago I received an e-mail stating my membership auto renewed and I was going to be charged. 

I called customer service and at first they claim that the feature I mentioned about it asking if I want to autorenew or not does not exist.  I am not crazy, I am not going to call and just make up features.  Eventually after a half hour on the phone they do admit that it is a feature in some areas but not in mine so it couldn't possibly have asked me or they would show records of it they claim.  Well regardless of what they said, this feature does in fact exist and did prompt me. 

They said I am sorry I can't refund a 1 month membership, I can only refund 3month or more ones.  So they are willing to give $50 back but not 9.99...   So yes I am out $9.99 and that bothers me, but what I am most upset about is being told that the feature doesn't exist when I saw it with my own eyes and used the feature.

Sorry for being so long winded, I would love for xbox to implement that for everyone, but if they do I sure hope it works unlike my own experience.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I would just keep calling back and then ask for a supervisor. I argued with a supervisor for an hour one time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I talked to the supervisor and she said there was nothing they could do there.  She told me to take it to the forum here saying that they are a third party and can't do anything and on here it is offical.

Sorry this didn't help.

First of all, check your billing account at https://billing.microsoft.com. Is the date of the purchase the same as the day you got the pop-up? I'm wondering if your account was set up for auto-renewal, and it just happened to coincide with you receiving this pop-up.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would like to add that just this morning my account auto renewed even though on Monday I had the same popup telling me my account was due for renewal on the 10/11/11 and would I like to renew and I choice no.  When I rang customer support they informed me that they are not aware of such an option on the console you can only manage auto renewals via xbox.com.  Anyways I asked them to cancel it as I didn't want to pay the £39.99 they charge and I said I normally buy it cheaper from ebay he went on to give me a 33% discount which brings it much closer to ebay charge so I went ahead.

Sorry this didn't help.