Gmail & Xbox live problem.

I'm trying to access my Xbox live account called "TheVikingGypsy"

When I created it I used a Gmail email address.
I have forgotten the password for the live account.
I've been trying to recover it but everything I do on the Xbox isn't working.
I came to the website to try and recover or reset the accounts password but I keep getting asked to log into Windows Live/MSN

How can I recover or reset my password on an account that is using a Gmail address and not a Windows Live/MSN address.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

If you are having issues recovering your WLID password, please visit http://live.com and check out their support area.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Don't bother, I've been given the round around for over a month only to be told at the end that "too bad" it can't be reset and need to start a new account. You loose all those points and credits. Say good bye to it because Microsoft just made money off of you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Lhexx, sorry to hear your issue is unresolved! Do you have a post that I can take a look at?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can try but you'll be wasting your time. Here's the Service Request #: 1168159771, the account is under Soliduss but I have the parental account which is now no longer valid. Therefore my son has lost Everything that he had accumilated over the years. The account cannot be reset but Microsoft has no problem debiting my credit card for the membership. Btw, I was told by your star staff manager Mike when I asked for the corporate address that I could find it on the Internet as it was "part of public record". He would not give it to me. Classy

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Lhexx! After reviewing your case, I find that Xbox phone support does not have the ability to reset or change passwords on accounts for users who have forgotten them. This is only done by Windows Live support. Have you tried contacting them? If so, how did you go about this?

As for our address, are you referring to a physical address or email address? If you could share with me what your intentions are, we can try to provide you with the best contact information we can. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Good Evening, I've done this route before by emails, website responses and numerous phone calls. I've been transferred to every department which is why I ended up with a Service Request # and the case had been "elevated" up the ranks. If you read the case then you know what the issue is. You will also note that they called when I was at work after I had given them my cell# along with the time to best reach me. Instead they call my home and spoke with my husband who did not know anything about the problem. Then they closed the case, no surprise. That's when I called back and the last person I spoke with was the Billing Department who basically stated I was wasting my time as it could not be reset and to read my Terms & Conditions. Yes, Mike the Manager. In ref to your query, I asked for the physical corporate address. Why would I ask for an email address? Btw, don't bother I finally found it along with the name of Microsoft's CEO and the rest of the corporate officers. If you cannot reset the account, please do not string me along for another month.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the details. :) Unfortunately we are not able to reset this for you, but we were wanting to make sure you had pursued the option available via windowslivehelp.com/ask.aspx, as that would be the only resource that could recover your account if it is possible. It sounds like you have already tried that, though. We certainly understand your frustration, and we apologize for any inconvenience! Please let us know if there is anything further we can help you with.

Sorry this didn't help.