glitching and hacking

so when is xbox live going to stop other peaple from having the ability to freeze other peaples xbox's?????????

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

And what game, is this Regarding..??

You can't, you can only file complaint cheaters/hackers and if they annoy you with messages, block communications.

It's called lag switching.

Alessio

Lag Switching, is only for the Benefit of the player using it & makes their connection lag, so people can't shoot them etc...

It doesn't freeze other peoples consoles or connections to Xbox Live...

If a Host of a game lobby does it, it will affect others in-game sync to game server, but, it won't freeze your console..

Might lock the lobbies game up, but it will also affect them & you should still be able to exit the lobby...

The Games Server, is most likely at fault & synchronization was lost &/or the player in question, has a Internet Connection, that is Inevitably Lagging from latency from their ISP & it's their ISP's fault etc...

I'm not defending anyone, but, you have to factor other things, before you go and report them...

It happend today on Forza 4 & this "one" guy was at his own disadvantage, from a really bad connection.. No-one would lag switch Forza 4 & spin themselves out of control & lose points...

The Game servers, can pick up when someone is using one too, as their Latency will be steady & then really high for an unusual period of time & then back to normal.. A trained eye, can detect it etc..

In Halo it can freeze games or make the black screen until you quit.

Alessio

That would be for the person in question too, as they would lose sync...

@Violin Spider Adding on to his perspective, there are some tools out that only make the others lag, it gets all the IPs of the users in the lobby and attacks them.

Its easier to mod now so we are going to see a lot more of them, Just file complaint and move on is all that we can do. I wish MS would just come out and say we messed up and won't support the use of USB memory sticks anymore.

Yeah, I agree...  The USB Interface is a bit of a problem..

[quote user="General of Army"]

@Violin Spider Adding on to his perspective, there are some tools out that only make the others lag, it gets all the IPs of the users in the lobby and attacks them.

[/quote]

I know.

Alessio

That's called a lag switch (like Violin Spider has mentioned) Only works, if you are the host, like I have stated previously & can be detected, from timing of packets sent or received from WAN IP address & they are recorded in a graph, to show consistency & where spikes or drops are etc..