Gift Card Code does not work!

I recently bought a 2 $50 gift cards and a 1 $25 gift card from a retailer. The $25 and 1 of the $50 card worked fine but the other $50 does not work at all. It says the code is not found and contact the seller. Well I went back to the store and they are saying that there is NO refund and said the card was activated on their side. I also called corporate and said it’s out of there hands and it’s up to Microsoft. Well I tried the web chat with the virtual agent and STILL can’t use the code. What do I have to do to put this $50 in my account? I’m not understanding how the other cards worked - which were also purchased from this retailer and not one of the cards. 
Hello, who is the retailer?? When you state the $50 code states not found, are you missing any numbers for the codes? Were they scratched off to much?? When you say you tried web chat with virtual agent was that on XBox side? What did they do? Did they ask for code? You need to speak with a live representative through XBox so the code can be searched and see what happens.
Girls game too :D
XBox is NOT Playstation!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It’s a local retailer in my area named Family Dollar. I am positive I am not messing up the code because I’ve had two other members of my household try it and I tried it on the console and online. The error message I get says it is not found try re-entering if the code is damaged try contacting the seller. Which I did but they do not know what they did wrong. I didn’t scratched any of the code that made it unreadable. I used the contact us link on the site and it said phone calls were unavailable so the other option was the virtual agent who suggests entering the code in the chat. The error message on that said it was a technical error. I have no idea how to get into contact with a live rep. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 31, 2023 Views 26 Applies to: