GFWL and GTAIV/EFLC via Steam error and Marketplace crashing.

Hey, i recently bought GTAIV/EFLC on Steam and it uses GFWL but i have been trying to get it to work for hours and using all sorts of fixes and reinstalls and everything.

I am running a Win8 64x system. I installed the game, and GFWL along with it. I tried logging onto GFWL while ingame to save, i put in my user and password and it took me to the CD KEY screen as i had just started the game. I put in my code, and immediately get an error 0x80070005. Nothing works.

I try the GFWL Marketplace program, i put in my user and password, it loads for a bit and then crashes or freezes with no error code. 

I have checked the password is correct, i can log into here, my mail, my pc user is linked to my microsoft accout, my microsoft account is linked to my gamertag. All that works.

I have reinstalled multiple times. Rebooted and everything, tried fixes i found on the internet, installed with Win7 compatibility and run as admin. Nothing works. 

I notice when it's downloading it needs the Marketplace, the Live itself, the .NET framework which i have. The only problem is the Sign-in Assistant. I install and it says everything is installed. Then i run the installer again and it downloads the Sign in assistant again yet it never appears in my program files. Is It not compatible with Win8? I am downloading the most recent GFWL version. 

Is there anything i am missing? Please this is just ridiculous. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there!  That does indeed sound frustrating as heck. We're console gaming experts here, so if you hit up the GFWL forums they should be able to help you out: forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Haha right, thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.