Getting Xbox Live chat on my PC

First of all let me say that I find it inconceivable that I can't chat with my live party through msn messenger on my pc. What use is messenger when all I can do is text people in a game? Why would I harass someone actively playing? However, that being said I'm a streamer. I'm currently streaming Halo 4 play on live. I would think that microsoft would want to support this endeavor and not just me obviously but anyone streaming any game on the xbox would greatly benefit them. The more people who watch a stream the more people want to join in on the fun and purchase the product. I guess my question is: Is there a way to get my Xbox live chat onto my PC or do I have to use ventrilo? I do know that I can put my chat through my TV speakers but I can't turn the menu music down on halo because it doesn't give me that ability in the sound options. I really just want people to hear my convo's when they listen to my stream. It shouldn't be this difficult. Microsoft built the 360, they built windows, why can't the two integrate easier? And please don't tell me I have to "upgrade" to windows 8. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

[quote user="ChickySticky"]I guess my question is: Is there a way to get my Xbox live chat onto my PC or do I have to use ventrilo?[/quote]The latter.[quote]I really just want people to hear my convo's when they listen to my stream.[/quote]Ok, so use a separate Mic.[quote]It shouldn't be this difficult. Microsoft built the 360, they built windows, why can't the two integrate easier?[/quote]You want to take the voice data stream from the console and send it to a PC? No, that's not something MS is going to support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

see link below [[ Skype will replace Xbox Live chat - report Makes sense. ]]

www.eurogamer.net/.../2013-01-17-skype-will-replace-xbox-live-chat-report

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.