Getting sound out of the Xbox 360...

Okay, so my friend bought a new Xbox 360 tonight, and a monitor to go with it. I helped him get the monitor set up, and there was no way to plug in the Xbox - only inputs on the monitor were for the power cable, a DVI cable, and a VGA cable. So, he went and ordered a VGA to HDMI cable off of Amazon to connect it.

Then he ran into another problem - no speakers on the monitor. So, now he wants me to go with him tomorrow, to see if he can return the monitor (which he probably can't) and get another one. However, I'm trying to help him save a couple hundred of dollars here, and make use of what he already has.

He doens't have a desktop, just a laptop. He does have a surround sound, however. On the end of the surround sound is a USB cable...would he be able to plug the USB into the Xbox to get sound from it? How would that work exactly? Any ideas that can help me make use of what he has, instead of spending more money, would be awesome.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The last time I had a surround sound I was able to get sound from the xbox, but that was because the surround sound was also hooked into the tv. I guess using a usb cord might work, but the SS might just think the xbox is a storage device.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.