Getting Random Error Codes!

I was going to purchase dlc and it tells me can't access my payment info.  I go to account settings to see whats going on and I get an error code, after looking it up, says my console is banned. It isn't banned though. In the section to verify that the correct credit card is there,  I get another message stating there is a problem with Live and it gives me status code 83820065. I looked this up also and it says no results found. Whats going on with the service and why am I getting random codes?!!  I don't appreciate getting a code that says my console is banned when I don't even play online very often. I've had my Live account for 10yrs and this has never happened before.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Can you just double check the error code (83820065) and make sure that it is correct? You may have to contact Xbox phone support to get them to see what problems are associated with your account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I triple checked it. There's gotta be something wrong on the back end.  I called phone support and did the thing wherre they call you back.  A woman called me back  and we got disconnected as she was verifying my acct and didn't call me back. I called again,  did the same thing and noone called me back.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thats very unfortunate, I apologize for that. Did you try Xbox Customer chat support or Ambassador Chat? There is less chance of getting disconnected there!

Sorry this didn't help.

Try again later, there are some problems with account access

Sorry this didn't help.

If the first error code you got for adding the Credit Card was 8C32008 it would have meant that the billing information added for the Credit Card was not matching with what the bank has. If its a new account sometimes that causes an issue and contacting support will help to get it added.

Sorry this didn't help.

I to have started getting the error message as stated above (83820065)... this happens when i try to do pretty much anything on Xbox Live, from purchasing points, adding PayPal, viewing my credit cards.. everything.

I was able to successfully purchase several items yesterday (13th) but today (14th) Xbox Live is being a total screw-job. Similar things happen on the Xbox site, I get the "Uh-Oh..." page.

I know nothing is wrong with my cards or account. I've tripled checked everything. My card is still valid, it was working fine yesterday, I can still buy things online with the card... so what's happened in the last 24 hours that could cause Xbox Live to screw up for some of us?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for double post..left it too long to edit. The error message I get along with the code is...

"Sorry, there's a problem with the Xbox service. Please try again later. For help with this... blah blah..

Status code: 83820065"

I did manage to add PayPal as a payment option using the Xbox site, and I managed to update my Xbox Live Gold... but I still can't do anything on the Xbox itself.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey XBX Blue Streak!

If you wouldn't mind creating a new thread, that would be great. That allows us to stay better organized, and better assist you.

Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.