Getting my email address off my ex's account

I would like for email address to be removed from my ex's xbox gamertag. The stupid people from xbox said that they couldn't do anything, that I had to contact him, who wants to talk to thier ex!?!?! Not me. I bought my son an xbox for christmas so I need this gamertag off my email so i can set up my son's when the time comes. Please help!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about this. If you do not what to contact your ex, may I suggest that you set up a new windows live id for your sons gamertag when the Xbox arrives.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey PokerPro! Yes, the only way to change an account's WLID is through the console. Especially since this account belongs to someone else, we won't be able to help you with that account anyway. Please let me know if you have any other issues. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

If you know the password to the account you could do it on login.live.com, however it is not recommended you log on to an account that is not your's.  I suggest contacting your ex to get this sorted out or setting up a new email to use for the WLID your son.

Sorry this didn't help.