Getting Kicked when playing COD

OK here is my problem.  Been playing call of duty for some time now (Black Ops) without a problem.

Recently I started getting kicked in the middle of each match.  I would get a message on screen saying connection interupted and kicked into the lobby where it would show everyone I was playing with but they were actually still playing.  Then an error message popped up saying the game lobby has been closed

Called tech support and they were worried that it may have been my NAT being set at moderate so we set it to open and then it started happening again.

When i called back we did a speed test on my DSL line and I was only getting just under 1MBPS download and .35 MBPS upload.

I pretty much have had the same DSL package since I started playing and have been playing fine for months without an issue ... not even a lag.

I called my ISP and ordered the next higher package of speed 1.1 - 3 MBPS

My question is.... what is the minimum speed I should have in order to play COD Black Ops without this issue continuing?

Not sure if my speed increase took effect yet (they said it would be about 3 days) but today I did a speed test and my download speed was at 1.5 MBPS so I signed on to play and actually got in 3 rounds until I got kicked then I signed back in and played about 3 more rounds and didnt get kicked at all but I couldnt continue playing to test it because I had to go to work.

Has anyone had any experiences with this ?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

What is the router your using - is it XBL compatable - if your using a linksys WRG54 or lower upgrade.

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-live/troubleshoot/connection-issues/nat-type-strict.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am using a lynksys E2000 not sure about its compatibility but the router is only about a year old.... I guess th weird thing is I have been playing fine since January and this started this week.  Still getting kicked as of today and my DSL Speed has been increased - did a speed test today and I went from .90Mbps download to 1.90Mbps

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, those download and upload speeds sound like they should be satisfactory. With DSL, you'll have the best results if you wait until after peak hours to try playing.

Sorry this didn't help.