Getting kicked off of Live

Hello, I am having problems with my One connecting to xBox Live. I can connect to Live without a problem but I am constantly getting kicked offline while my brother is not. He also has a one. Most days it happens at least once or twice and sometimes it can happen up to five times a day, yet my brother does not get kicked offline. This is frustrating for me. I called Charter and got them to run a test on the internet and i know that it is not on their end because of their test. We pay for charter business internet, so our speeds are roughly 60 Mbps download and 5 mbps upload. So speed is not a problem. 

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Alabama
Modem brand & model number: One that charter provides
Router brand & model number: Netgear from charter
How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles are connected to this router?: 4
Wired or Wireless (for each console): wireless
Things you have tried: Resetting the modem, router, and hard rebooting my xbox one
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/No/Unknown: unknown
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?: Nat type is open and i have no error
Any Error Codes you encounter: Error code Baboon on Destiny
Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider): Charter Communications

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 45 Applies to:

Hi pH so basic.

Having several consoles on the same IP adress all running on the wireless Network, can sometimes cause a lot of connectivity issues. What I recommend you to do is to set up a static IP adress.

Go to your Network settings - advanced settings - IP settings and then manually edit the IP adress.

Fx: you IP adress is 55.55.55.55 then change it to 55.55.55.65

Next go to your modem settings via your browser, go find your console, and change the IP adress to the exact same IP adress you changed to on the console.

For help with the modem settings and setting up static IP adresses, check out this link; http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-xbox-one/
It's fairly easy to do, and should fix the issues you're having.

Best of luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It also depends on how well your router performs UPnP. Each Xbox One uses the same ports to communicate to the router which in turns talks to Xbox LIVE. Some routers I've used don't dynamically update the UPnP table as well as they should.

I experienced the same issue you had and it was due to my other Xbox One being turned on first, thus reserving the ports via UPnP and allowing itself to have an open NAT. I then turn on my second Xbox One and I had a moderate, or sometimes strict NAT due to the required ports being reserved for the first Xbox One.

I'm not saying this is the issue you have, but if other troubleshooting steps fail, reset the router and then turn on your Xbox One first (meaning the other Xbox One is unplugged completely), and test functionality. If the issue no longer appears, then that's probably the fault and you will have to manually forward the ports via the router which you might not have any control since it's provided by Charter. Of course if the ports are forwarded to your Xbox One, then your brother will probably experience the same issue you are now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Awesome guys. Thanks for the advice. In attempting to set a static ip i went into the device manager in order to set the IP and it would not give me the option. I later found a tab labeled Static routes and was wondering if that is what i am looking for? I think so but would also like some input. As well, what router do you guys recommend? I may just purchase a new one.

Sorry this didn't help.

It sounds like your attempting to set a static IP on your computer? I only say this as you reference Device Manager and Static Routes which aren't really options on the Xbox One.

You essentially need to set a static IP on the Xbox One itself, and then set it in the router to port forward to that IP.

You can use this guide to set a static IP. It also links to another guide to set up port forwarding.

http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-xbox-one/

I personally have two routers in my house that hasn't had any issues with multiple Xbox Ones, Xbox 360s online at once. I have a Netgear WNDR3700 V4 and a TP-Link Archer-C7 v2. 

I know the Netgear router has had multiple confirm cases of multiple Xbox consoles working online together:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/networking-hardware/02-routers/netgear/f/3112/t/510407.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.