Getting hit off Xbox Live by possible DoS or DDoS attack

I'd like to report a possible DoS or DDoS attack on my IP address last night through Xbox Live. I have two gamer tags i would like to share that i feel are behind the attack. I would like for there to be an investigation on their accounts and hopefully you are able to catch and retaliate against the person who has committed the attack. The following gamer tags from xbox 360 who I feel are behind the attack are  : 

[Mod Removed]

Please solve my issue. I don't want there to be anymore issues with these possible attacks associated with these  gamer tags and my IP address and i would also like to secure the safety of not only my xbox information but also my PC information as well. I would also like to be informed if there is or is not a possibility of the flooding of my IP address with illegal material because therefore i would be in a lot of trouble if that was the case. 

Thanks. 

-lMavzz 

Mod Edit: Please do not name and shame on the forums, thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

First of all, please do not name and shame on these forums, it is against the rules. File a complaint and block the attackers, if you communicate with the attackers after blocking and doing what I say below, they can start again.

-

A [D]DoS Attack is when somebody floods your router or cable modem with useless packets until it crashes. This is a federal crime, which currently give up to a ten-year sentence in the United States (if used in this manner). You will not be in any trouble for this unless you were the attacker.

-

To stop the grievance, you should shut off your router or cable modem for about 15 minutes, usually getting yourself a new IP address. The attackers need this to send the packets to your router or cable modem. If this does not help, you probably either communicated with the attackers again allowing them to get your new IP, or your IP did not change. Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) about the issue and they will usually issue a new IP address for you.

-

Hope this helps, good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.