Getting HD to Work

I would like to start off by saying, sorry. I debated whether this should be in using y console or playing a game; I chose here.

Anyways, I recently bought an Dynex HD TV and have been doing research on how to play games in HD. Basically I've found an HDMI cable is the best all around (confirmation would be lovely) but the one concept I'm having a hard time with is the HD DVD player. I've been reading forum posts and "official" responses for a while now and all say something different; some say I would have to buy the discontinued HD DVD player for it to work; others say that's a lie; other still say that their built right in the newer models. I would be grateful if someone could give me a definitive answer this problem. On a side note if the last happens to be true and it's built in the newer models, could someone tell me if it would be in mine? I have the 2010 holiday bundle, the 250 GB Slim model with the shinny top/bottom/front.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

The Xbox 360 does not have an HD-DVD player built in, you can no longer buy the addon new either as it was discontinued a while ago.

You do not need the HD-DVD player to play your games in HD, just an HD tv and preferably an HDMI lead to hook your console up to the tv.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.