getting hacked

a player named [MOD EDIT] was trying to hack me because i called him out about using a mod on his controller so he said he was gonna hack me and ban my account and all this other stuff, so he called some xbox number and had it on speaker phone and reported me and the lady said she would take care of it even though im the one being hacked i dont understand this at all? then he kept trying to invite me to a party but everyone in the lobby said not to because i would get hacked? please respond

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

[quote user="o Knuckles o"]a player named redacted[/quote]

We don't allow naming and shaming. 

[quote user="o Knuckles o"]because i called him out about using a mod on his controller[/quote]

Assuming you had proper proof (ie something better than "this guy was doing better than me therefore cheat") good man. 

[quote user="o Knuckles o"]so he said he was gonna hack me and ban my account and all this other stuff[/quote]

Well that's a load of BS he's just shovelled your way. If he could hack and ban you he would've just done it instead of threatening you before hand. What he's just done is given you fair warning to take the correct measures (checking all your passwords are actually good 'uns and so forth) and put himself at risk of a permaban for no gain on his part. Unless he gets his jollies from trying to scare people on the internet in which case he needs to get out more. 

[quote user="o Knuckles o"]so he called some xbox number and had it on speaker phone and reported me and the lady said she would take care of it[/quote]

Word to the wise for any would be hackers who want to try the "scare 'em into giving me free stuff" tactic; phone support have nothing to do with enforcement. As such he can phone all he wants but nothing will happen. Phone support lady was essentially shovelling BS his way (can you feel the irony?). As an aside this also applies to the file complaint feature, if you've done nothing wrong then he can file all the complaints he wants but nothing will happen. 

[quote user="o Knuckles o"]then he kept trying to invite me to a party but everyone in the lobby said not to because i would get hacked?[/quote]

Worst he can do is track your IP address which could potentially allow him to perform a denial of service attack on your connection (prevents you getting online). Should that happen simply call your ISP to get it sorted and at your discretion get the police involved as DOS attacks are highly illegal. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

alright thanks alot, ive just heard about how people get hacked on xbox all the time, but i muted and avioded him.

and about his mod, he was shotting people with a sniper rifle and the whole clip would be gone in no less then a second thats why i called him out about it and was asking him and he just flipped out on me.

and that kinda makes me scared to join xbox live partys now =/

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Knuckles!

Vernier gave you a stellar answer. Just as a summary, check out this article regarding Harassment on Xbox LIVE here to lear what you can do in this situation + Never give out your Windows LIVE ID or Password and it is impossible to get hacked. Don't be scared to join Xbox LIVE Parties. Stick to the tools you have in your Xbox Guide and you'll be all set =)

Feel free to respond to this thread with any additional questions you may have =D -Civiks

EDIT: Also, Vernier is correct again. Do not call out other users on the Xbox Forums. Familiarize yourself with the Xbox.com Guidelines.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote]he was shotting people with a sniper rifle and the whole clip would be gone in no less then a second[/quote]

If it was a bolt action rifle he was using then I'd say that was a mod of some kind. If it was one of the semi autos (Barrett 50.cal for example) then you're going to have to consider whether or not that's actually a good trigger finger combined with the kill cam playing silly beggars. 

Just something to consider at any rate.  

Sorry this didn't help.