Getting Booted out of Black Ops matches periodically

My NAT is open btw

ISSUE:

I have a XBL issue, Just started happening the in the last 2 weeks. I play Call of Duty Black Ops on xbox live... After 3 or 4 matches I get booted from the match  or my whole team along with enemy gets booted and i am the last one left then i get a free win because "enemy forfeited" 

There is more to this. Sometimes when this happens my internet goes out and i have to power cycle my modem & router, but the weird thing is my internet won't come back on after power cycle unless i shut xbox off. Once xbox has been turned off my internet will work again and i can turn xbox back on and begin playing XBL again. 

My Equipment & Connection:

Docsis 3.0 Motorola Modem (SB6121)---When this issue started happening i was using same type of modem but model SB6120- so thinking it might be a modem issue I replaced with a brand new modem but newer model since SB6120 has been discontinued.

D-Link DIR-825 Extreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router-----When this issue started happening i was using my D-Link DGL 4300 extreme gamer lounge router- So thininking it might be a router issue i went and purchased a brand new router. Cnet.com gave my router a great review. 

Comcast 20mbit DL / 4mbit UL connection ---- NO throttle or shaping as i can download up to 3.1 mb/s in utorrent. Upload is about 500 kbps in utorrent.

Note: I am connected to my router via Ethernet cord

-I have called my ISP (comcast) and they first suggested it might be my equipment since i am not renting theirs, so that is why i decided to replace my old equipment, got a new modem & router, issue remains regardles, so cannot be equipment. 

-My ISP sent a Technician to my home to test the lines, and everything came back GREAT! So not a connection issue with the lines

-Called Activision for COD black ops and they pointed me right back to comcast but did say this internet activity or protocol is P2P and sometimes ISP's will block it thinking they are doing bittorent protocol, however i ruled that out when i tested my DL and UP load speed and was getting constant 3.1 mb/s Dl and 500 kbps ULon my 20mbit/4mbit connection

So if anyone has any suggestions or solutions please let me know. Like i said this didn't happen the last 8-10 months since the game came out, and non of my other xbl friends has this issue...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi, the first thing I'd do is  (as a test) connect your Xbox direct to the modem as a test run that for a while and see if you still have the issue
Also just for reference speedstests are nothing to with with traffic shaping. By that I mean you could easily run a speedtest and it comes back at full speed but still have other traffic like p2p traffic shaped

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I didn't say i ran a speedtest what i said was i did a actual test to see if i am being shaped when i downloaded a torrent and it was running constant at 3.1 mb/s ... thats mega bytes per second, i have a 20 mbit connection, so no throttle based off that. I will try direct to modem and see what happens

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry fair enough I read that wrong, still... torrents use different ports to Xbox live so its possible for live to be shaped but not torrents anyway I doubt very much that is the case, try a direct connect and see how you get on.

Sorry this didn't help.

Problem persists when connected directly into modem...

-below is a copy and pasted description someone else typed with the SAME EXACT issue, however was never resolved.... Please read and help

I realize this is probably the wrong place for this but thought I'd see if any of you tech wiz's out there had some advice.

So I have been having this problem where I can connect to Xbox live and start to play in a game with four bars and an awesome connection, then at varying times after connecting to a match sometimes 10mins, other times up to an hour later I will suddenly get a symbol showing an internet cable being disconnecting. I am then told that there is a problem with Black Ops servers and find that I have been signed off xbox live. After multiple attempts to reconnect to Xbox live and then to connect to a game I am able to start playing again. Same as before, great connection 4 bars and then the process starts over again with the disconnect symbol. I tried connecting directly to my COMCAST modem to rule out the router and then same thing happened. My question are, Can an Xbox go bad and start to have a shotty connection, or is this more of a problem with my internet provider? After calling my internet provider and having them test my modem remotely they told me that they are not showing any problems

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you run www.pingtest.net when this starts to be a problem and post the results? As it happens when connected to the modem as well it is obviously nothing to do with the router. I would say its more likely to be with your ISP or between the ISP and the Xbox Live service, certainly nothing in your control.

There is a slim chance it could be related to your Xbox itself, you could rule that out by trying it at a friends house on their network.

Sorry this didn't help.

How could i run a ping test when my internet goes out ?

you are asking me to run a ping test when the problem is happening, well when the problem happens my internet goes out and i have to power cycle the modem and turn my xbox completely off to get my internet back on.

Sorry this didn't help.

also was in my ISP's FORUMS and discovered this possible remedy... What do you think shadow?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Intermittant connectivity- cable modem log - DHCP FAILED [ New ]

Options

09-07-2011 08:00 AM

Comcast came out on 9/1.  Signal strength at the street is good.  Replaced cable from street to house.  Have not lost connection since then.

The only change in signal readings in my Motorola is the downstream power level went from 3-4 to 7-8

Sorry this didn't help.

Sep 13 2011 23:43:01 3-Critical R02.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=1c:14:48:ce:df:cf;CMTS-MAC=00:30:b8:c8:9c:00;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry I also missed that, if your modem drops connection then you have to take it up with your ISP, its obviously not related to Xbox. So you've had no total internet drops since the cable has been swapped?

Sorry this didn't help.

that was someone else who has had no drops, i copy and pasted from someone with exact problem from my isp's forums... Technician is coming today in a few hrs. I have had at least 10 T3 drops the no ranging response received error T3 Time-out

Sorry this didn't help.