Getting 80151012 when trying to download profile on 360

I have already deleted the profile, cleared the cache 3 times (even tried 4 once just for the heck of it) and restarted. I have actually done this three times now since the support chat people kept following the same script even though I told them I had already tried it. It doesn't help.

Neither does verifying my account with a phone number and then doing the above again.

The support chat people said they would register a report to get it fixed, but seeing the amount of posts all around the net where people have still not gotten help a month after the report had been filed I am not to hopefull.

Soo... any advice on how to fix this? Pray? Sacrifice a goat to Microsoft? Never buy the Xbox One because the accound system is so bad? The last one looks very likely right now, if I can't even play the games have payed for on the 360.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi there,

The goat-sacrificing is an interesting suggestion. Try that and let us know. :-)

Oh wait, might that have been sarcasm...? :P

~~

So on searching that error code, the only solutions are suggesting that your account might be locked and that you need to verify yourself as the account holder (rather than verify that your proofs).

As this is different from what you've spoken about I'm posting it below. Apologies if this has already been tried.

These are the steps I could find:

[quote user="Solutions for 80151012"]

To resolve this problem, try to reset the password for your Microsoft account:

1. Go to the Reset your password page.
  2. Click to select I think someone else is using my Microsoft account.
  3. Click Reset your password.
  4. Enter your Microsoft account name.
  5. Type the characters that you see in the picture.
  6. Click Next.
  7. Click Customer support.
  8. When Customer support appears, click it.
  9. Enter the Microsoft account that you are trying to recover.
  10. Enter your contact email address.
  11. Click Continue.
  12. Validate your identity by providing as much information as you can on the Microsoft account recovery page.
  13. Follow the instructions to finish.

[/quote]

Let us know how that works out.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have access to my account (I am writing on this forum via the account) but I can't download my profile onto the 360. So unless this is an issue of the account being locked specificly for 360 then no, that's not gonna help.

And if it is, then it's probably the a combination of the worst error message I have ever seen and the worst security system I have ever seen. Since I have access to the account I could just change any security info I liked before sending it in, so what on earth would the point be for the check?

Sorry if I sound a bit acidic, I just dislike paying for things and then not getting them, it kind of puts a damper on my mood.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok... so the above suggestion worked.

Resetting the password using specificly the "I can't do any of the above" option fixes the problem, even though I already had access to my account and even though none of the other options for resetting the password (which I had already tried) did.

So I still stand by the statement that this is one of the worst error messages and one of the worst systems ever. I mean really, one specific way of resetting the password to an account you already have access to is the sollution? I'm a programmer and I would not be caught dead as the auther of code like that. But at least the problem is solved. So thanks Maxen13!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, it's a bit odd. I thought that as I posted. But I guess there's a reason it was the suggested solution.

However, on what you were saying immediately after I posted ("Since I have access to the account I could just change any security info I liked before sending it in"), I think with your account in this limbo of being locked but accessible, it would just outright refuse to let you make any changes, instead it would say something like "We cannot make any changes to your Microsoft Account right now". Hence you have to jump through some hoops to appease the system and make it work again.

Anyway, main point is it works again. :-)

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope, I actually changed my security question and credit card before asking for a new password. So it would have made sense if the account was actually locked and needed a manual reset by an admin, but it wasn't :P

Good for me I guess. I never write anything even remotely legible as answers to security questions since I consider them a bad feature security wise, so I would not have been able to answer it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't log on to my game console after recovering my password im online with the new password and can't get online to live  wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Posting this on all search results to help people out.

To fix this error for not being able to download a profile on the Xbox 360

Login to your Microsoft account from http://account.live.com

go to the section listed as "Check Recent Activity"

Where it shows the list of recent activity click the options, look for an option to choose "That was me" and click it.

Next download your profile on the 360.

Worked for me today after all other steps listed failed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for helping out Killhunger! Since this thread is older, remember to keep an eye out for more current threads to post this advice in. Thanks again for the useful information! :)

Sorry this didn't help.