Get Rid of Kinect (Read)

First note: I got an Xbox One on Day One, I love using the Kinect and love it's features and am glad to have it bundled with the console BUT this post is along the lines of business only.

The Xbox One has been around for a few months now and already is more successful than the 360 and the Wii U but the main competitor, being the PS4, is outselling the Xbox One about 1.8/1 worldwide. Yes, it is launching in more countries but the main reason is due to the pricing. The 360 went to succeed early thanks to the price difference and now the 360 is soon to be the best-selling console of the last generation. The PS4 this time has the advantage over the Xbox One.

The Kinect, to make, costs ~97 dollars which is clearly why there is such a price difference between the consoles. The Kinect is handy and as I mentioned before, I ove it, but it is bad business offering someone something they don't want and making the main product more money.

Post your thoughts and yes, I am sorry for another "Annoying Kinect Post".

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

and you care that the PS4 is selling more for.. what.... reason???

The Xbox One will loose profit and it is one of Microsoft's least profitable divisions. I would hate to switch to a competitor after having Xbox being sold to Google/Apple/Amazon.

MS is making twice per console to what the other guys are doing.... MS makes more off of their XBL as well as 1st party games and digital sales....  as of right now.. there might be 1 million more PS4 in the world.. but I am sure the sales books say MS's green number is MUCH higher than Sony's..

So please stop with the drop the kinect... you do not own or make any money from MS and neither do I.. am dam sure a MULTI BILLION dollar company knows a little bit more on how to run their business than we do....

at the end of the day, the games will sell the console, and i bet we will see proof of that when Titanfall launches, even though it will be on PC and 360, i feel it in my gut that this game will get more X1's off the shelf.

Amazon Xbox? I'd actually be okay with that if it had to be sold on.

Ya I don't get why everybody is so concerned over Amazon taking over Xbox or PlayStaion there a great company with good costumer service.  I think they would greatly improve Xbox and would offer a Kinect less One because they would give customers what they want something Microsoft should learn.  

The Kinect costs 75$ to make. Try again.

that is COST  not retail.... my guess if the kinect was a stand alone product... it would be priced in the mid $2's possibly $249.99  so we should all be happy MS gave us a great deal on that and did not retail the XB1 for $699.00

Xbox is 100% profitable and has been since 2007. I have shares in MS and I very much hope that they keep the Kinect. Sure, let's kill the next-generation game and UI interaction, and the massive advancements it's been making in other areas (NASA using it to control Mars Rovers for instance), not to mention the push for developers integrating innovative features rather than filling up the controller buttons and then giving up. Also, let's never use "Xbox Record That" again. Ever.

You should be happy if they offered the Xbox One at 399$ and let you decide if you want the optional Kinect for whatever it costs.