General question on silver membership

I have just a quick question. I'm curious as to if I go from a gold to a silver membership how do I do that and will I lose all my friends? I don't have anymore money left (no job) and my membership renews or I should say will run out on August 20,2011. Is there a way to do that without losing anything? Reason being I don't wanna get suspended for having invalid payment method or something like that (I don't know if that is possible). I'm just trying to cover all my bases and would appreciate your help. Thank you!

Have a good day!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

To turn off your automatic renewal, give your local Support line a call http://support.xbox.com/pages/call-us.aspx they will not only be able to turn it off but you can ask them to remove the card from your account at the same time. This means that when your time is up you will just change to a Silver account.

Also please don't worry about losing people from your Friends List. When you turn Silver you keep your Friends and everything else associated with your account. You will however lose access to Gold exclusive features such as online play, Party Chat, dashboard apps (Facebook, Netflix etc) and you'll no longer be able to send Live messages by using xbox.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

depends if your on a prepaid card membership there is no renewal

however if you purchased a promotional membership or dashboard one you will have to call xbox support in your region

to turn off autorenewal

doesn't affect friends only how you msg them

you will have to be at the console to msg them

also you can still purchase dlc but you will have to wait 1 week after a demos's release to download it

there is no multiplayer functions except for the holiday xbox live free weekends and even then only basic multiplayer functions

also no netflix or espn or any gold functions

this covers it all

www.xbox.com/.../JoinLIVE

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.