Gears of War 4

Does anyone else think that GOW4 will be a launch title for the 'NextBox'?

Would make sense, saying Gears comes out every couple of years and im predicting the Next box in 2(ish) years time.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The story has pretty much ended, I suppose there could be a new threat, or a prequel. I suspect that it will be an entirely new IP from Epic on the new xbox.

Like Halo, the world of Gears is larger then just the story and characters in the main games, there are plenty of story in that world that can be made into another game

I think it will still retain the Gears of War title - but probably a whole new war, whole new story... in the world of make-believe anything is possible :) - also don't we have that mysterious Gears of War EXILE thing for the Xbox LIVE Arcade at some point??

Well, Epic have repeatedly said that they'd love to continue the Gears universe, and considering how much more there is to it they've got plenty to play with. A prequel set either during the Pendulum Wars or E-Day would seem to make sense.

Whether it would be a launch title for the X720 is another question. I posed up some news a while ago about an Xbox magazines "the Insider" column which said they'd heard reports that Microsoft were lining up launch titles and that Gears 4 and Forza 5 were among them.

makes sense as they will probably leave halo 4 for the new console aswell.

Of course there will be another gears game, anything that makes big money will be milked to death until people stop buying. Just like COD and Halo

[quote user="Farscape247"]

makes sense as they will probably leave halo 4 for the new console aswell.

[/quote]

I thought Halo 4 was being released next year, surely this means it would be released on Xbox 360 and not a new console.

[quote user="xxW0LFxx TFD"]A prequel set either during the Pendulum Wars or E-Day would seem to make sense.[/quote]

thats what i thought.

[quote user="sparklefingers"]

[quote user="xxW0LFxx TFD"]A prequel set either during the Pendulum Wars or E-Day would seem to make sense.[/quote]

thats what i thought.

[/quote]

"e-day" would make a whole lot of sence! As in E-day for the new system too!

Just hope MS don't make the mistake of thinking Kinect is the only controller you need.

Yea i think they will and call it gears or war the beginning or ground zero. it going to be one on how they got into the cog and met up with each other.