Gears of War 3 Tops 1 Million Pre-Orders To Become 360's All-Time Fastest Pre-Ordered Game

Microsoft and Epic Games have today announced some big numbers for Gears of War 3, including statistics for the multiplayer beta, which managed to attract a staggering 1.29 million fans across 145 different countries. This has no doubt helped in making Gears of War 3 the fastest pre-ordered game in Xbox 360 history, netting orders exceeding 1 million units worldwide.

That's a lot when you consider that Gears 3 won't even release until September, making the guys at Epic Games incredibly happy. “An overwhelming success – we can’t thank the fans enough,” said Epic Games Design Director Cliff Bleszinski. “While the beta was a fun way to give players an early taste of our game, it also provided us with invaluable feedback to help us refine and polish ‘Gears of War 3’ to ensure it’s truly the culmination of the trilogy we promised to the fans.

Here are some of the frankly quite impressive statistics from the Gears of War 3 public multiplayer beta, just to give you an idea of exactly how successful it was:

• 1.29 million people participated in the beta
  • 145 different countries participated in the beta
  • 249 years worth of matches played
  • More than 11 million matches completed
  • More than 927 million kills recorded
  • More than 131 million executions performed
  • More than 23 million deaths by chainsaw
  • Nearly 23 BILLION bullets fired
  • 460 million ribbons and 294 million medals earned     
  • 435 thousand people earned the beta exclusive Thrashball Cole skin to use in the retail game
  • 234 thousand people earned the beta exclusive Gold Retro Lancer to use in the retail game

Gears of War 3 releases worldwide on September 20th, 2011

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="ReaganSmash1994"]

Not a surprise, in my eyes it has become the single best xbox original overtaking Halo in my Mind.

The game is amazing and has topped any expectation i had so far, with more to come.

[/quote]

apparently its not gonna xbox exclusive for long.

they are planning to bring it to ps3 and sell it as a trilogy box set

Not a surprise, in my eyes it has become the single best xbox original overtaking Halo in my Mind.

The game is amazing and has topped any expectation i had so far, with more to come.

Surprise ? Not really Gears 3 plays perfectly vs 2.  110 percent better even with out horde which is what makes Gears for me it was better.

Well, I got ALL the unlocks from the beta and i've pre ordered from Shopto. September 20th seems soooooooo far away now.

4 player campaign for the win!!

[quote user="Moley UK"]

There's some nice stats. Only 435k earned Thrashball Cole? That surprises me as you only had to play 30 matches in total to keep him.

I'm surprised there isn't more people that have unlocked him and the gold Lancer.

I wish we could keep our medals, ribbons and rank tho. There's one or two of them ribbons i don't think i'll get again! "Trick shot" being one of them!

[/quote]

Same here. But maybe most people thought you had to play 30 matches, but in reality, you had to play an additional 10 matches as him to unlock him in retail.

Anyway on the bright side, I unlocked all the guns apart from the flaming Hammerburst, but I don't use that anyway.

Haha Cole Train is godly.

I got Cole Train, he looks awesome.

lol.

I missed out on Thrashball Cole.  I was aiming for it but then I sort of lost interest in the beta for the final week or so.

Ah well...I still got my Flame guns.  Looking forward to some 12 year old accusing me of hacking the game when I chainsaw him with my flame lancer lol.

There's some nice stats. Only 435k earned Thrashball Cole? That surprises me as you only had to play 30 matches in total to keep him.

I'm surprised there isn't more people that have unlocked him and the gold Lancer.

I wish we could keep our medals, ribbons and rank tho. There's one or two of them ribbons i don't think i'll get again! "Trick shot" being one of them!