Gaming Headphones

I was contemplating buying a set of headphones. Just wanted a bit of advice on what the best options are, you see a lot of talk of Turtle Beach, Astro etc around the web. But mostly it seems to be personal opinion.

I did look at the new Razer headphones for 360 and they seem to be my favourite so far after a bit of research.

If anyone owns these I woudln't mind a quick opinion on them.

thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm interested in getting a good pair of surround headphones that work on the 360 & PS3. So it'd be nice to hear any feedback from people on here who have some...

I can only give you my opinion on what we've reviewed and used. In my opinion, currently the best gaming headphones on the market are the Astro A40's with the wireless MixAmp 5.8.

We have the Turtle Beach PX5's coming next week and the upcoming Turtle Beach XP500 is also due.

i actually bought a pair of madcats ampx gaming headphones with mic in asda.. they have excellent game sound and chat quality that i would say is on par with any turtle beaches and they only cost me £15.00 ... bargain.

[quote user="HostiIe 17"]

I'm interested in getting a good pair of surround headphones that work on the 360 & PS3. So it'd be nice to hear any feedback from people on here who have some...

[/quote]

Astro A40 with MixAmp are not only the best gaming headsets around, they're also cross platform. Including PC, PS3, iPhone, Android, anything really

I have the Turtle Beach PX5's, and they are excellent. Really good sound quality, wireless, you can pair 2 Bluetooth devices  with them so you can use your phone without having to take them off and stream Bluetooth music to them etc. You can also connect a pair of wired headphones to the base unit so someone else can listen to the Dolby Headphones 7.1 output simultaneously. You can also connect them to your computer and create and download your own preset sound settings meaning you can tailor the sound to your own tastes. They are very, very good.

ive got the Turtle X31s at the mo but am upgrading to the XP500s...pricey but hey ho

www.turtlebeach.com/.../ear-force-xp500.aspx

Hehehe!!:)

You won't regret it!

I think I might get myself the Bluetooth dongle for the PX5's so I can go truly wireless for game chat. Makes them the same as the XP500's apparently.

yes ,I believe its the only difference!! I may order the px5s or just wait that bit longer and go for the xps!!. I was trying to order them yesterday but theyve not flipping released them  yet...grrr :)

It's essentially the only difference.

I love the fact that they play a little tone if your phone receives a message while they are paired up. I used to miss messages and phonecalls all the time when I had my X4's on.