Gaming Companies become hacker targets ?!?!

For those unaware the hacker group Lulzare actually threatening to hack various companies Bethesda has reported attempts made to access their servers by the group.

Why are they doing this you might ask, for the user information, because they can, to show security issues ?

Well no none of that apparently the threats are blackmail attempts where by they threaten then attempt to hack companies if said companies won't reveal to Lulz information about in development titles.

Known to have been hit so far are

Minecraft

Bethesda

The question is, what the hell is up with the world ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

wasn't there a site last week that was hacked and had emails sent out to users to get their info? it was posted here, i just can't remember which

Codemasters.

Epic forums as well,  I had a email from them asking me to click a link, although is it was worded rather strangely I ignored it.  No plans to go back there anyway.

[quote user="Genchy"]

Epic forums as well,  I had a email from them asking me to click a link, although is it was worded rather strangely I ignored it.  No plans to go back there anyway.

[/quote]

Yeah I got the email that said they had to reset the password on the Epic forums. Well I changed it now, so it should be safe.

It's Lulzsec. They did EVE online most recently. And they're the ones who pooed up PSN

[quote user="zfair899"]

It's Lulzsec. They did EVE online most recently. And they're the ones who pooed up PSN

[/quote]

I thought it was Anonymous who pooped up PSN.

[quote user="SONIC SCREAM 07"]

[quote user="zfair899"]

[/quote]

I thought it was Anonymous who pooped up PSN.

[/quote]

Same difference. Anonymous is hardly a closely knit organisation. It's obvious with a name like 'Lulzsec' that they're a break off of sorts from Anonymous.

Bioware gets hacked now.

neverwinter nights servers compromised and user info again stolen

Just a matter of time before XBL is hacked, no doubt?