Games with Gold to become permanent

According to Engadget Games with Gold has been extended indefinitely on XB360 with news to follow on XO. Hopefully we'll see some better calibre of games from now on. Guessing the XO just needs time to work up a back-catalogue for them to start giving away.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

www.engadget.com/.../xbox-360-games-with-gold-extended

Also on Xbox Wire: http://news.xbox.com/2013/10/xbox-360-games-with-gold

I imagine it will be a while before this has any chance to transfer to xbox one....after all, there needs to be a bit of a library to choose from before offering older games (unless they get the cloud xbox360 games service running).

This is good to hear. Hopefully the games will get even better in the long run.

pfft. most of the games they're offering lately... are seriously old. i'm pretty sure people are passing on halo 3 even tho it's free. wish more people would download it, would be nice to get into some good matches and custom infection games on that again.

I will def be playing Halo 3 this weekend. If you want do some custom, just FR me : )

I think Halo 3 is one of the better freebies. I just can't stand Halo. Shame.

Def won't be on XB1 for a few years. They're not going to give away new games.

MS doesn't say permanent. The say extended indefinitely There is a huge difference. It gives MS the option to cancel at any time .

Okay after a long absence from the forums and the 360 in general.  I can honestly say that ps+ benefits are a greater value than xbox gold.