Games with Gold is extremely underwhelming lately...

I know its hard to complain about something that's free but with GwG we are paying a subscription fee for LIVE.  Compared to PS plus we Xbox gamers are clearly getting the shorter end of the stick.  I'm tired of being told we get 2 free games a month on both platforms because that is clearly not the case. On Xbox One every month having one game caring over to the other is ridiculous.  I always find myself really excited at the end of every month looking forward what will be revealed, only to be let down almost every month seeing the same game is this being offered and an additional underwhelming title.  Why can't a old retail game be added every once in a while.  The console has been out for a year and a half, with plenty of titles that were old 360 title ported to the One, like Tomb Raider and metro.  Sorry just needed to vent my feelings on the matter after seeing this months offerings.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well, I still have Crimson Dragon. It's only there until I need the space though and to simply say I own it. Otherwise, I'll probably never actually play it...

Hello everyone  :)

Just out curiosity (since I have never ever downloaded a free game from the Games With Gold offer), who kept the games that they didn't like after playing?

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone  :)

funny because every game that gets released with GWG I think 'don't fancy that; but download it anyway and enjoy them, such as castlestorm

You must be a MP kind of person eh kingvas78?  

Regardless of completing a game or not.  You should still download the free game, and try it when there is a dry spell for games

@GG, the only GwG I completed was Max....  but I don't think game completion is relevant to GwG for myself, as I rarely complete any game I purchase.

What's stupid about this thread exactly Roc? I haven't seen anything overtly wrong with this particular discussion...

Can someone lock these stupid threads?!?

There are people out there who are new to gaming and they are buying the Xbox 360 so GWG is a great way for these gamers to build up a collection of games.  

im still confused as to why the assassins creed game was free for the 360, yet not xb1. and it was one of the newer ones.

Zack's final sentence actually makes a point - at least in my case. I don't think I've ever finished a free game that I've gotten through GwG.

In any case, I just recently played Castle Storm: Definitive Edition, and although it seems to be geared towards kids, I had a great time playing it (and did so for upwards of 3 hours last night). It combines tower defense with a side of platforming and Angry Birds-style destruction. I particularly enjoyed the story (my favorite part was when the hero says, "great, now who's going to defend the kingdom?" and the guard right behind him simply goes "AHEM!" in reply) and building my own castle, only to tear it down moments later. Also, getting headshots with the javelins and spiked balls was rather quite satisfying too. :P