Games show as demos on all profiles except for the one with Xbox Live

I just bought a new Xbox 360. I put all of the content from the old Xbox onto a flash drive, and then transferred it all to the new xbox. Now my games are showing up as demos on all of the profiles except mine, which is the only one with xbox live. How do I get my xbox to recognize the full games on other profiles?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You need to do a license transfer. http://xbox.com/drm

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Arithorath"]I just bought a new Xbox 360... Now my games are showing up as demos on all of the profiles except mine, which is the only one with xbox live.[/quote]

To give you a bit more background about the license transfer mentioned above, and why it works with your profile only:

Every Download you purchase on the Xbox Marketplace has two digital locks, so to speak.

For the Download to be used as a full game instead of a demo, it is sufficient if only ONE lock can be opened.

One lock is opened by the purchaser Gamertag being online and connected to Live on the console, that is supposed to play the game. This means: Your Gamertag can sign in on ANY console, download a previously bought game for free to any other console, and as long as you are connected online on that console, the game will be a full version for anybody.

For example, you can go and visit a friend, download your game, and you and your friend can play the full game. As soon as you sign out, and go back home, the game will return to a demo only state.

For Xbox Live, your newly bought console is the console of your friend currently. So as long as you are signed in (others can sign in too with other controllers), the game will be the full version.

The OTHER lock is unlocked by the console's serial number that FIRST downloaded the game after purchase. As you already know, your old console, that you initially downloaded the games with, could unlock the full version of the games for everybody playing on that console. Be it other family members, friends visiting you or complete strangers that somehow happen to sign in on your console.

In that case your old console will have a serial number key that fits the serial number lock.

Now that you changed consoles, and re-downloaded or transferred your games, the existing serial number lock won't fit the new serial number key of your new console.

And this is where the license transfer comes in.

You, as the purchaser, can tell Xbox Live "My console changed. I want to use THIS console mainly now." Should other users on your console have bought games themselves, they also need to do the license transfer for their downloads.

After you (and everyone else) did the license transfer on the new console, Xbox Live will create a new serial number lock for every of your downloads fitting your new console.

You then just need to re-download all your games. However, as long as you have the games stored on your harddisk or USB flash drive, the console will ONLY download the small license file (the serial number lock) instead of the full download. Therefore the whole process will only take a few minutes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.