Games "Can't download" and random disconnects

Hey. For the past few days I've been trying to download some games on my Xbox 360, Just Cause 2 and F1 2013 mainly (I just cleared space for these GWG titles from a while back), but I have been getting the error "Can't download Just Cause 2", with no explanation as to why. Sometimes this happens immediately, and other times it downloads for a while before happening. Sometimes this is accompanied by my console disconnecting from the internet altogether, but not always.

I have recently changed broadband provider and am using a new router, so I suspect a network issue. I've tried clearing my system and marketplace cache and restarting the downloads, as well as fiddling with some of the router's settings like ports and such, but to no avail.

Before I changed router and provider the connection dropped occasionally, but not often and I never had these "can't download" issues even though I've downloaded many games before.

My download speed is around 5Mbps, and upload is around 0.7Mbps, using a wireless connection (wired would be very difficult).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

oh well thanks for the help guys

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

TC TomCat, please keep in mind, that we can't get low level diagnostic information from Your network, so general suggestion would be to try wired connection, at least for time of the test.

But, check Your router setting for Log Level, if it can be set up, then choose Debug level and when You get lost Your download, check for errors on it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.