Games on Demand from USB?

Hi, I was wondering if it were possible to run some "Games on Demand" that I have bought from the Marketplace on a USB Flash Drive? Only reason I ask is bc I have really small HDD for my xbox and can't fit everything on there. Believe it's only 14 / 20GB and I would like to keep buying more GoD but need to know if this is possible first. Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

I don't believe that it is possible to run the GoD games off of a flash drive.  However, once purchased you own the game on that gamertag and can delete and redownload any time you choose.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can either move it onto ur USB after downloading it onto your Hard drive, or you can directly download it onto ur USB. Im not 100% sure if this works because iv only tried this with arcade titles and it does work with them.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I tried it out today. Put my GoD on a Flash Drive and it seemed to work fine at first, then I started getting "There's a problem with the disc you're using. It may be dirty or damaged." messages popping up. And I would have to manually reset my xbox from the front Power Button.

Boo! And here I was hoping I could use my big Flash Drive to hold all my games so I wouldn't have to resort to "re-downloading" and having to wait those dreadful long waiting hours.   >=/

Anyway, thanks you two for the replies, I guess I will just have to break down and buy a bigger HDD for my box when I get the money. Do you know if Transfer Cables come with new HDD's? And how do they work, do they just transfer everything from one HDD to the other?

Sorry this didn't help.