Games on demand and online passes.

Hi there i was just wondering if anoyne knows if you have to buy an online pass seperately.

-

If you buy a game on demand that requires you to have an online pass?

-

If you do would this stop you from buying it on demand?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You need to buy a pass, plus most demand games are over priced so i don't bother.

Blummin ridiculous if you ask me. You're buying the game as a first purchase, so by their own rules you should get all content. Excepting packaging obviously. I've just bought SSX cos at the mo it cheaper than anywhere else but wasn't aware there was an online pass for it. I'm gonna contact EA and ask for it.

Good luck with that.

Ok then mortal kombat is a nono hehe

[quote user="Alchemist Don"]

You need to buy a pass, plus most demand games are over priced so i don't bother.

[/quote]
I never knew that. thats bloody disgraceful..

If they made on demand prices more competitive and included online passes with them, they'd probably sell at least 5 times what they sell now. Common sense seems to be lacking from Microsoft in this department.

I can't believe there isn't more information about this. It's like some shady money making back alley scheme you'd expect from smaller companies. If EA don't give me a pass i'm getting a refund from Microsoft as it doesn't state anywhere in the description for SSX that it needs a pass and/or may not come with one. I might have only paid £8.99 but damned if I'm not getting what I'm owed or my money back.

Might be worth checking out the EA forums about this Steve, they'll probably be able to help you out there without trying to deal with Microsoft support.

I've messaged them via twitter but they operate on CST so don't start answering query's for another hour. I've also put a message in the Xbox support forums about getting a refund if i'm not successful with EA.

Just to update, I contacted EA who responded saying i've been sold an incomplete product and should contact the retailer.

I then reiterated I bought it as a digital copy from Xbox Live's Games on Demand section.

They then asked for a screen grab of my purchase history to be added to the case notes.

and once done to call an 0870 (not free) number stating  my case number.

Got code.

relatively happy.

So for those of you umming and erring about online passes, EA, at least do.

This was all done through EA's help area, and you must have an Origin account to access it. Which I created a seperate email account for for security reasons