Games for Kids.

I'm looking for a few games to get my son. He's 6 although he's pretty clued up on things so could probably play something more than the usual children's games they aim for that range. He's currently addicted to Minecraft but I'd like to get him to play abit more than just that :P

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

My 2 youngest are 6 and 5. They play Minecraft and the Doritos Crash Course games. The Lego games are quite fun and you can do co-op in them so you can play together

Has he played Beautiful Katamari? ...

I ask because we got that for our nephew ( He's a bit older though ) recently and he's absolutely addicted to it.

"My Horse and Me 2" is designed for children.

So much so that an adult will find the game frustrating, but it's so overly simplistic that you can let your child play without them coming back to you every 2 minutes going "Daddy, just do this bit for me".

Top down shooters and side scrollers work well for the age range you're talking about.

If they're enjoying "Minecraft" and you want to up the game a little try "Earth Defence Force: 2017" which is a very approachable shooter that isn't shooting other people and is great fun to play in local coop.

Hope that helps.

Az

Disney Universe is pretty good, then there's Skylanders, although that could end up being expensive.

Some of the older Disney games like Ratatouille or Cars might be worth a look.

Why not grab some demos?

Oh yeah, what about The Incredible Hulk or Superman Returns?

Disney Infinity and the Lego games are good fun.

Disney infinity is a brilliant game, and as you can create whatever you like in the game is endless, especially if he likes building in minecraft

Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts - brilliant game and i'm 34!

A lot of arcade games would be good like Golden Axe or Jetpac and pacman or paerboy  etc they are games I played when I was 6 they are cheap and im sure most kids would have fun with them. And 2 or 3 quid each

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts - brilliant game and i'm 43!

[/quote]

Fixed, just wanted to make you older than me ;-p

Banjo is a great game, I've seen it "New" in my local HMV for under £10. 

[quote user="Lofty Who"]Fixed, just wanted to make you older than me ;-p

[/quote]Fair enough! I shall of course respect my elders : )