Games for Gold

I have just read in the new One Gamer mag that games for gold is indeed coming to the XboxOne in 2014 but no mention of what games yet :-)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey!

Yeah, the games for gold deal is being continued past December, it's awesome news! You may wanna check out the Games with Gold sticky over in the General Game discussion forums. There is a bunch of posts and info on all current and previous games for gold on there.

Either way, it is brilliant news that we are lucky enough to have 2 free games each month. And I truly look forward to the ones that will be coming to the Xbox ONE! :D

Anyone else wondering what they could possibly give away? No 8 year old back catalogue to pick from this time.

Maybe they'll take a page from Sonys book and make them recent releases!

[quote user="Fear the Doctor"]

Anyone else wondering what they could possibly give away? No 8 year old back catalogue to pick from this time.

Maybe they'll take a page from Sonys book and make them recent releases!

[/quote]

I'd imagine it will be a game from the launch titles. My bet is .. Zoo Tycoon.

Nah I reckon it would be one that wouldn't do well like one of the dance games or possible one of the aracade games

^^ agree with Pingu, maybe a year down the line it will be a full release but early on it will be arcade titles or maybe even something like characters for Killer Instinct.

The good thing is that with Games For Gold is the games are yours to play whether you stay a gold member or not but with sony once your PSN runs out you can't play them anymore,it's quite exciting to see what we might get :-)

Yeah, I reckon it'll launch at the back end of 2014 with games like Loco-Cycle Powerstar Golf and Killer Instinct going free first.

Maybe we will see some indie games released straight to 'Games 4 Gold' until the likes of powerstar golf is deemed old enough to give away.

[quote user="xJR619x"]The good thing is that with Games For Gold is the games are yours to play whether you stay a gold member or not but with sony once your PSN runs out you can't play them anymore,it's quite exciting to see what we might get :-)[/quote]With a relatively limited line-up of games for the One at the moment I would not be surprised to see Games for Gold on that system adopting the same model as PSN+.

Not going to get my hopes up. the games free on the 360 have been crap and out dated. Xbox One should take a leaf out of PSN's book and reward us with decent games. After all we have paid over the odds for the console sticking with MS