Games downloading slow despite 22 Mbps download speed

A few months ago my games would install fast, and my internet was slower. Now, I have a 22 megabytes per second download speed but everything is installing slowly. Is there any reason that my games download so slowly all of a sudden? I've reset my Xbox and everything. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

With internet speeds, your ISP can usually be quite sneaky about the speed they actually give you.

With a lower speed package, you are likely to get what you pay for, but a lot of the time with higher speed packages, you can get UP TO that speed, meaning often less.

22 megabits per second is still not that fast for downloading. Have you tried going to Settings > Network > Detailed Network Statistics - and seeing what speed you're actually getting?

You could try contacting your ISP for more advice, or to see if it's a problem on their end.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Microsoft servers are extremely slow recently (last few days), it took me over 5 hours to download 1.8 gig update on xbox live, and i have a download speed of 8-12MBps, which has been tested on numerous websites, based on my results, something of that size should take 20-40 minutes, which again i confirmed on other sides and downloads, to further prove a point, i am now "syncing data for NHL16" and its taken some 10 minutes to complete it, when usually this takes no longer then a minute or two. Not sure whats causing it as i agree with you, xbox is usually fast, dont know if the big influx because NBA 2k16 is slowing it down

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.