Games bought using my account that i didn't buy

Hello there,

So basically i checked my bank balance about a week ago and saw that $100 or so was charged on my debit card through microsoft live for two pc games.

I am seeing if there is a way to get the games removed from my account and the money back on my card. I have already changed my password and security info and I have no clue who could have gotten onto my account in the first place but i didn't purchase the games. 

Thanks for your time,

~ Boomcity

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there Boom, it sounds like your account was compromised. Please phone Xbox Support 1-800-469-9269 immediately and have them start an Unauthorized Access case. From there, they will ask you a series of questions about your account & such. Make sure you tell them about the Unauthorized Charges and they will also assist you dealing with the refund.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Precisely what Kinda said. Additionally, look at this page on Xbox.com regarding what to do if your Xbox LIVE Account has been compromised. Also, very important, please change the password to the Windows LIVE ID associated with your Xbox LIVE Account. Here's how:

Change your Windows Live ID password

You can change your Windows Live ID password from your computer or console.

Computer steps

Change your Windows Live ID password (you will need to sign into your Windows Live ID first).

Console steps

You can change your Windows Live ID password from your console. You’ll need to have your current password ready, and be connected to Xbox LIVE:

1. Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
  2. Go to Settings, and then select Account.
  1. Go to Your Information, and then select Windows Live ID.
  1. Select Change Password.
  2. Enter your current password, enter your new password twice, and then select Change Now. If you want to save the password so you can use it to log into other Windows Live services (such as Windows Live Messenger), select Yes when you are prompted to do so.

Good Luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.