Games & Apps beginning with A, B and C not launching

Hello

I have an unusual issue with my xbox one. All games and apps beginning with the letters A, B and C are not launching, but games and apps beginning with any other letter are working fine.

When I try and launch any of these apps or games, the Xbox gives me a message saying "Sorry, we cannot launch this. The item you are trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling it then reinstalling (0x80070570)"

I have tried uninstalling the affect apps and games, and reinstalling them and when they reach 100% it says "Installation Stopped" and does not install. All games and apps not beginning with A, B or C all work fine.

The following apps are all effected by this issue: Blu Ray Player, Achievements, Activities, Avatars, Carbon TV, Arc, BBC iPlayer and Crunchy Roll.

The following games are also effected: AC:Black Flag. AC: Unity. Bladestorm: Nightmare. Call of Duty AW and Chariot.

All my other Apps and Games work fine, such as D4D, WWE2K15, Halo MCC, Youtube, Twitch etc all downloading, installing and playing with no problems.

The issue started shortly after installing the July 6th preview program update.

I have the 1TB model, and am not using an external HDD

I have tried a hard reboot, and removing my profile from the system and adding it again and am still getting the same issue.

can anyone help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:

Hi xONTHINICEx

There are some steps you have done already done but try them in the following order...

1. Uninstall one game or app that is effected.

2. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down.

3. Unplug the power cable to ensure that no more electric is coming through the system

4. Press the power button on the console 3-4 times with the cable unplugged to drain any remaining power in the battery.

5. Plug the power cable back in

6. Wait until the light on the power brick to change from white to orange

7. turn on the console

8. try downloading the effected game or app again.

If the above (clearing the Cache) worked and you can now play that game or app. Then by all means do it again with the other games and apps.

If it didn't then it could well be a problem with the drive which would mean sending in for repair.

After searching the preview forums on the current update, I cannot see any relating issues to the one you are having and so I don't t think this issue is to do with the update.

As a last resort before sending in your xbox for repair. You could try and reset your xbox to factory defaults in (settings + system + Restore factory defaults) However this would mean having to re-download absolutely everything and so I hope it doesn't come to this.

Really hope you can get this issue resolved!  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I decided to bite the bullet and do a factory reset.

After rebooting it I downloaded the Blu Ray app and Bladestorm: Nightmare and they both installed and loaded fine. Now, I just have to download the other 750GB worth of data I had :(

Thanks for your reply though

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, you are welcome and I am glad you didn't have a hardware problem.

Sorry this didn't help.