Gamertag/Windows Live ID help required!

Hi,

I have recently set up an Xbox Live account using my Windows Live ID. I set it up on my PC before my Xbox was connected to the internet.  When I created the account a new Gamertag was created.

Because I am new to this it could be the case that I'm misunderstanding how everything works, but please bear with me and help if possible!

Now that the account is set up I want to start using it on my Xbox, but I want it to be connected to the main profile on the Xbox that I play all my games as.  Is this a gamertag or is it different?  Basically when I sign in to Xbox Live I want it to be as my game-playing profile from my Xbox, not as the gamertag that was created when I started my Xbox Live account. When I try to change the Xbox Live account I get a message saying I can only change it once in 30 days and I have either recently changed it or recently created it, therefore I can't currently change it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I being silly? And most importantly, can anyone help??

Many thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

When you created the account on the PC you did not link it to the offline profile.

If you want to use the Offline Profile online you can go to Guide button, and Join Xbox Live.

If you want to use the email address that is attached to This account (NicePuppet) you have to fist change the WLID attached to it.

This link will help you update the WLID Email

support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.