Gamertags that aren't taken.

Everyone wants a cool gamertag obviously, and when you try to take a original name such as Faith it says it's taken, but when you send a request to the person, it says the gamertag does not exist and I would like to be able to change my gamertag to something original but most are taken but aren't taken, is there a way to take an original gamertag even though it says it's taken but it's not?

Discussion Info

Last updated November 12, 2018 Views 5,166 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Honestly man, I'm afraid it's near impossible to get a good name on Xbox Live. I guess you have to be happy with what you have. And what you were talking about when it says the gamertag doesn't exist, it means the tag is banned.

Most tags that people think are creative or unique really aren't. That's why most of them are already in use. Within the last few months, both my Wife & myself have created new profiles, and both of our first choices in tags were available.

[quote user="Faith exe"]

Everyone wants a cool gamertag obviously, and when you try to take a original name such as Faith it says it's taken...

[/quote]That's because it is taken. Just like you someone wanted an "OG" GT but they got there first. 

My gamertag I thought of randomly one day and decided to change it. Occasionally I get friend requests/private chats from people that want to change their name to mine and I say, "Sorry, I'm taken. Try again later." as if I'm a robot that automatically replies :P

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="Faith exe"]

Everyone wants a cool gamertag obviously, and when you try to take a original name such as Faith it says it's taken...

[/quote]That's because it is taken. Just like you someone wanted an "OG" GT but they got there first. 

[/quote]

Glad to see I've made so much of an impression on you, that you can't help but reference me in your posts for no good reason.

As for my OG tag, it has an actual back-story to it, rather than something I just picked willy-nilly in an attempt at fitting in with a bunch of Xbox gamers. I must admit that Lost Kauz fits you perfectly though.

Um not really, please with the credit due where it is due. If it was via your means, I would have said so. I use term "OG" and have used it long, long, long, long before these Forums or even Xbox LIVE. It's "Original Gangster" or just short for Original.

So it's simply coincidence that you randomly choose to reference tags using OG (in quotes no less) directly under my post?... And yes, I know what OG stands for. 

I had to change mine after a "logged on to another console" message, I get that all the time now but i've got 2 consoles. Anyway, Watched a 1960's movie and then Serial Killer Sunday, Hence the tag. But really I don't care, Hey, I thought OG was in reference to Orange Grove From GTA San Andreas

[quote user="Gidget Gacy"]

I had to change mine after a "logged on to another console" message, I get that all the time now but i've got 2 consoles. Anyway, Watched a 1960's movie and then Serial Killer Sunday, Hence the tag. But really I don't care, Hey, I thought OG was in reference to Orange Grove From GTA San Andreas

[/quote]

My Wife & I created more profiles so we wouldn't have to keep moving and/or recovering them from one console to another. Now that all of our 360s except one have bit the dust, they're all on that one console anyway.

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

So it's simply coincidence that you randomly choose to reference tags using OG (in quotes no less) directly under my post?... And yes, I know what OG stands for. 

[/quote]

I can bet that he said "OG" because that's what I refer to those older tags as. Except I call them Original Gamers because I doubt they're gangsters, LOL. I don't think he in any way intended to use you as an example. And by saying. "OG" he could have been referring to a number of gamers. I've seen so many people that have had "OG" in their name. Trust me, you're not the only person with "OG" in their name.