gamertag

i think someone has made an offline xbox account (never connected to xbox live) and stopped me from having that gt it is not offensive it is just my name and i first lookedat it it said i COULD change my gt to hat. any way i can still have his gt

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

If the account has never connected to Xbox LIVE, then it is an offline profile. You will be able to change the name of that account as it is only on your console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If the account has never been connected to LIVE they it would not show as taken. However it might be in use for Zune. The best way is to have the 800 msp in your account and try to change it. If its open you will have a new GT. If not no points will be removed from your account. You will either have to pick another gametag or keep your old one. They can not transfer a gametag name to you that is in use already.

Sorry this didn't help.

my xboxlive GT is FxMouZ and i wanted to cahnge it to Jordan Chayy, i checked if it was available and it was then the next day it says its not available and when i add the profile it says it does not exsist, and previously when i wanted to stop somone stealing the GT i wanted i made an offline profile which stops people from having the GT somehow and it does work. i think that is what someone has done with the Jordan Chayy GT for a joke or just because they are backwards - is there anyway i can still have this as my GT as it is not taken by any xbox live accounts and is not offensive because i checked the day before i was going to change it and it said it was available

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="FxMouZ"]

my xboxlive GT is FxMouZ and i wanted to cahnge it to Jordan Chayy, i checked if it was available and it was then the next day it says its not available and when i add the profile it says it does not exsist, and previously when i wanted to stop somone stealing the GT i wanted i made an offline profile which stops people from having the GT somehow and it does work. i think that is what someone has done with the Jordan Chayy GT for a joke or just because they are backwards - is there anyway i can still have this as my GT as it is not taken by any xbox live accounts and is not offensive because i checked the day before i was going to change it and it said it was available

[/quote]
No because it might be taken by other Microsoft services that uses the gamertag system such as Zune.

If it says it's unavailable, it's unavailable.

Sorry this didn't help.

what if the zune or microsoft thing is deleted , would that make the gamertag available again ?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="FxMouZ"]

what if the zune or microsoft thing is deleted , would that make the gamertag available again ?

[/quote]

They cannot be deleted unless Microsoft decides to delete them, which is highly unlikely.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="FxMouZ"]my xboxlive GT is FxMouZ and i wanted to cahnge it to Jordan Chayy, i checked if it was available and it was then the next day it says its not available[/quote]

The gamertag is taken as "JordanChayy" (with no space). Gamertags can't differ only by spaces, so you won't be able to change to the one you want.

How did you "check if it was available"? If it was any way other than trying to change you gamertag to it, you weren't doing a real check. Methods such as "adding a friend" do not check for spacing variants, but name changing does.

Sorry this didn't help.