Gamertag

So people were able to change there gamertag upon creation, The e-mail adres I am using is pretty old and when I used XBL the first time I never got any option to change my gamertag within 30 days free of charge...

I contacted support and the told me about Rewards and Bing Rewards to earn credits so I can still change my gamer tag, well thats not gonna work cause both are not available in my region.

all I want to do is change my gamertag and do not want to pay for it cause yeah I never had teh chance given to change it lot all other people who did have the chance. So my question is how am I going to change my gamertag free of charge? support was not really helpfull and I am really dssapointed about MS.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

There is no way to get a free gamertag change. That free change for the first 30 days of the account didn't start until 2010 or 2011 and is only available if the system created the tag for you. If you chose your tag, you wouldn't get a free change.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't think you can change it for free dude, And for the Bing Rewards I take it your from EU?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I am from europe and I never got to choose my gamertag, it was there and there was no option to choose a new one so the system used my e-mail address as gamertag which I want to change but for free cause imo its not worth to pay for such thing which was even available for others for free...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello isatanica, You would not be able to choose your new tag without paying. There is nothing anyone can do about this for you. I`m sorry. Now to address your Issue as you have previously Stated.

[quote user="isatanica"]I contacted support and the told me about Rewards and Bing Rewards to earn credits so I can still change my gamer tag, well thats not gonna work cause both are not available in my region.[/quote]

Xbox Live Rewards is open to users who have an Xbox Live account who live in the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia), United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Italy, Spain, Taiwan or Sweden and are 13 years or older. You should be able to Sign Up On Xbox Live Rewards from your region. May i ask, Have you migrated your account to another country/Region?.

Please see Terms and Conditions for full eligibility details. If your country of residence is not currently eligible, please check back as they are always looking into adding new countries to the program. 

Sorry this didn't help.

no I have not changed anything the region of my account has always been The Netherlands, kinda dissapointed about MS to be honest first I did not get my 1 month free gold membership and now this, Microsoft really is in need of money ? Normaly companies appreciate there old customers and not giving them the same chance as new customers or customers from other regions is quite unfair and unproffesional of microsoft

Sorry this didn't help.

The free gamertag change was added recently. When you make a new account, it's given a random name and you have the option to change it within 30 days. Accounts made before this new policy will not be given a free name change.

Sorry this didn't help.