Gamertag

Im being harrased about my xbox live gamertag and i have no money or any microsoft points! i have contacted microsofts support team but there is nothing they can do about it and the told me to ask you for a forced gamertag change can you help please?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

No one on the forums can do this for you. The only way to get a forced name change is the enforcement team determines it violates the code of conduct (which it doesn't look like it does). You will have to wait until you can pay for a change.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Why would someone harrass you over your gamertag?

Forced gamertag change will only happen if your gamertag is offensive. Your gamertag is not offensive so..

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ozziman,

Just to add to what the others have said.  I suggest you take a look at this link HERE for tips on how to handle and prevent harassment on Xbox LIVE.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

No one is going to be able to give you points or a forced gamertag change. You will need to go about this the correct way which would be to file complaints, avoid these players, and block communications with all the people sending you messages that you don't like or approve of. You may also want to consider setting your privacy settings on your console in the Voice and Text category to "Friends Only" for the time being so no one other than people on your friends list can send you any sort of communication (messages, voice messages, game invites, party invites, etc)

How to file a complaint:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
  2. Select Friends, then go to the Players tab.
  3. Select File Complaint. Then select File Complaint again on the next screen.

Select Text and Voice Communications.
Select Text Message / Voice Message / In-Game Voice.
Select File Complaint.

How to avoid a player:

1. Press the Guide button.
  2. Select Friends, then go to the Players tab. Select the player’s gamertag.
  3. Select Submit Player Review.
  4. Select Avoid This Player
  5. Select why you want to avoid the player: CommunicationGame Behavior, or Player Skill.
  6. Select the specific reason why you want to avoid the player.

How to block communications:

From the Xbox Dashboard, open a message from the player, and then select Block Communications. The player will not be able to send you any messages unless you send them one first.

How to change your privacy settings:

Please visit this site here, once you've logged in look under Voice and Text and change that option from Everyone to Friends Only and press Apply. This will make it so only people on your friends lists will be able to communicate with you via voice and text. 

Sorry this didn't help.