Gamertag

I Noticed that my account had ran out/expired. When I reactivated it, it gave me a new gametag, I would like my old gamertag back. Howwould I go about, so I do not have to get charged again for my ebox.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I would check to make sure you upgraded to gold with the correct email address. Normally, your gamer tag won't change when purchasing gold. In fact, you either have to change the gamer tag via an 800MSP purchase, or a forced change from the XBLPET.

I would log into your normal gamer tag on your console and then check to see what the email address should be. In the upper right hand corner of the screen, your gamer tag will roll over to your email address. If it doesn't, then you can change a setting in your account to get the Microsoft Email Address to show. It should be in your profile settings under 'Show Microsoft Account'.

If that still doesn't work, you can always call support at 1-800-4-MYXBOX, and they can aid you in confirming what the email address for your gamer tag should be.

I hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If it was purchased on the wrong gamertag account, you need to contact Support ASAP. IF you wait too long they can't do anything about it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.