gamertag

when i bought my xbox 360 many years ago, i wasn't using xbox live, so when i set up my gamertag and email all was good, later on i bought a xbox live card, and i couldn't redeem the code on the xbox, so i went online to xbox and i had to set up an account which had to have a new gamer tag, so long story short xbox live is on the new tag, and my account money, and all my game awards and stuff are on another, but they are both on the same email address. my question is can i merge them since they are on the same email while keeping the money?

i now have a xbox one and can only add the new gamertag and not the one with money and awards on it.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  Unfortunately gamertags cannot be merged.  I would recommend assigning a new email address to one of the tags using the info at the link below.

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

From there, if you set the gamertag that has the Gold membership as the Home membership on the Xbox One and add the other gamertag to the family you will share out the Gold membership to the second account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.